Become a Volunteer at CJNU
Most of the ‘work’ that keeps CJNU on the air is done by volunteers. Volunteers are needed to perform a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- On air announcing
- Producing programmes
- Operating studio equipment
- Audio editing
- Technical support
- Handling phone calls
- Data entry
- Addressing and stuffing envelopes
- Staffing display tables at a mall or other community event
- Distributing posters in the community
- Attending community events to take photographs
- Conducting interviews in the community
- Working on the monthly ‘Nostalgia Notes’ newsletter
- Assisting with marketing and promotions
- Helping find new sponsors and advertisers
- Providing general administrative support
- Sitting on committees
…and much more! Relevant experience in any of these areas is always helpful, but is not necessarily required for any of these jobs – just a willingness to learn. Most of our volunteers work one three to four hour shift per week, but when and how often you work is potentially flexible. Some tasks can even be completed from home!
People interested in becoming an active volunteer should complete and submit our Volunteer/Staff Questionnaire and mail it to us. Scroll below for the form in PDF format. For more information you can send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator, or phone 204-942-CJNU(2568). We regularly hold Volunteer Information Evenings – once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to join us for the next available evening.
We look forward to meeting you!