CJNU is a not-for-profit broadcasting cooperative, owned by our members. Membership is open to all – and membership dues are a huge part of what keeps the radio station on the air. And remember: Membership Has Its Perks!
- Eligibility to win free tickets to many community concerts and events through members only contests.
- Monthly prize draws – for new members, for renewing members, and for our entire membership list.
- Eligibility to attend and vote at annual meetings.
- The opportunity to complete members’ only surveys for the station, to help shape the development of CJNU.
- Delivery of the monthly Nostalgia Notes newsletter to your inbox.
- Taking ownership, and directly supporting YOUR radio station – CJNU is Winnipeg’s only English language community radio station, and the only station in Canada to move our studio to a new location in the community every month.
- Keeping the music alive – by joining CJNU you help preserve the greatest music ever recorded, and ensure it’s still heard on the Winnipeg airwaves.
- Supporting the community – by joining our co-op, you’re not only supporting CJNU, but also enabling us to shine a light on the work of some of the incredible charities, not-for-profit organisations, arts organisations and community groups in Winnipeg.
Throughout the year we offer a variety of special promotions and incentives for becoming a member – with gift cards, event tickets, and more! Right now, if you take out a new membership or renew your existing membership, you can choose from one of the following gift cards:
- Fionn MacCool’s at 1582 Regent
- Cork and Flame at 3106 Portage Ave
- Frenchway Café and Bakery at 238 Lilac
- Helios Greek Restaurant at 241 Saint Mary’s Road
- Pasquales Italian Ristorante at 109 Marion Street
- Fionn MacCool’s at Grant Park Shopping Centre
- IHOP at 455 Sterling Lyon Parkway
- Bellamy’s Restaurant and Bar at 1-845 Dakota
- Clay Oven Downtown at Shaw Park
Membership costs just $25 each year! You can apply as an individual, a couple, or as a business – the cost is the same for all three. Be aware: each type of membership receives only one vote at any members’ meetings – couples and businesses must appoint one person to vote. You can apply for a new membership, or pay your renewal dues, by using the form below. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. If you would prefer to pay by cheque, you can print, complete and mail a Request for Membership Form, or our Membership Renewal Form. Or, you can have a membership form mailed to you by calling 204-942-CJNU (2568). You can also join in person at our remote studio location, or at our office in the Richardson Concourse. If you’re also interested in volunteering with CJNU, let us know! And if you have any other questions or concerns, contact [email protected]
CJNU is a CRTC licenced Community Radio Station, powered by volunteers, and owned and operated by Nostalgia Broadcasting Cooperative Inc.
Nostalgia is incorporated under the Manitoba Cooperatives Act as a non share issuing not-for-profit Community Service Cooperative.
Canada Revenue Agency does not recognize broadcasting as a charitable objective, meaning we are not able to register as a charity – which in turn means we are unfortunately unable to issue a tax receipt for donations or co-op membership.