CJNU’s 6th ANNUAL PLEDGE DRIVE
It’s the one time each year that we unashamedly and unabashedly say – WE NEED YOUR HELP!
For four days annually at the end of October, we throw a party on the radio – celebrating everything CJNU is, and does. As we play the greatest nostalgic music ever recorded (from the past century and beyond!) and shine a light on the good news stories happening in our city and province, we ask you: if you enjoy what CJNU does through the year, please consider making a contribution during our Pledge Drive.
As a non-profit community radio station, we rely hugely on the direct support of our listeners. Unlike PBS in the US, we don’t receive any kind of government funding.
But we’re not just putting our hands out – as a co-op we believe that if you support us, we should be supporting you too! During Pledge Drive we have a number of fabulous incentives and prizes on offer! Any pledge of any amount received before November 15th 2019 will be eligible for incentives, and entry into our Grand Prize Draw!
Any pledge of ANY amount received before midnight on October 23rd 2019 will be entered into our Early-Bird Draw to win one of four prize packages, each worth in excess of $100! We will be making this draw in the first week of November, to give a chance for any pledges postmarked before October 23rd to reach the studio by mail.
- Tickets to two WINNIPEG JAZZ ORCHESTRA concerts, PLUS a CD
- A Family Four Pack of tickets to the MANITOBA MOOSE, PLUS a $25 Gift Card from CARLOS AND MURPHY in Osborne Village
- A “one night stand” stay at the HOMEWOOD SUITES in Winnipeg, PLUS a DOMO Gas Coupon
- A Framed Watercolour painting from renowned Manitoba artist LEE CAMERON
- If you make a pledge of $60 or more ($5/mth), you’ll receive a $10 Gift Card for Salisbury House!
- If you make a pledge of $125 or more ($11/mth), you’ll receive the Sal’s Card, PLUS a $25 Gift Certificate from WOW Hospitality!
- If you make a pledge of $250 or more ($21/mth), you’ll receive the Sal’s Card, the WOW Certificate, PLUS two tickets to an upcoming event in Winnipeg!
- If you make a pledge of $500 or more ($42/mth), you’ll receive the Sal’s Card, the WOW Certificate, the pair of event tickets, PLUS the opportunity to co-host a show on CJNU with the announcer of your choice, where you pick the music from our Library!
Any pledge of ANY amount received in any given two hour period during our live Pledge Drive programming from 7am on Thursday October 24th through 10pm on Sunday October 27th will be entered into the bi-hourly prize draw for that period! These draws will contain huge numbers of prizes that have been donated by our incredible sponsors and partners across the community. Stay tuned to hear what gifts will be on offer!
Grand Prize Draws
Any pledge of ANY amount received at any time before midnight on November 15th 2019 will be entered into our Grand Prize Draw to win one of EIGHT Prize Packages.
- Basket of wines from BANVILLE AND JONES with gift card from HY’S STEAK LOFT
- One hundred dollar gift card from KILDONAN PLACE with 2 passes to the ASSINIBOINE PARK ZOO
- Area carpet from BILL KNIGHT FLOORING with one hundred dollar gift voucher from THE KEG
- Tickets for two to CELEBRATIONS DINNER THEATRE plus a 50 dollar bouquet from COSMOPOLITAN FLOWERS
- A “Stay and Play” voucher from SOUTH BEACH CASINO plus 2 tickets to “MONSTER JAM” from TRUE NORTH ENTERTAINMENT
- Dinner for eight plus wine at RIVERWOOD SQUARE
- Personally guided tour for four by FRANK ALBO author of “The Hermetic Code” at the Manitoba Legislative Building
- A priceless basket of memorabilia from the recent ELTON JOHN tour
HOW CAN I MAKE A PLEDGE?
If you’d like to show your support for CJNU, you can make a pledge right now!
- with a credit card using the form at the bottom of this page – you can choose to pledge in full now, or to make a monthly contribution
- by phone, with a credit card – 204-942-CJNU (2568)
- by interac e-transfer, sent to [email protected]
- in person – by cash, cheque (made payable to CJNU), or credit card – at our office in the Richardson Concourse (open 8:30am-4:30pm, M-F, and 8am-10pm Sat Oct 26 and Sun Oct 27 ONLY)
- by mail – with cash, cheque or credit sent to:
CJNU Pledge Drive,
L7 – One Lombard Place,
When will I receive my incentives/prizes?
- All incentives will be mailed via Canada Post shortly after the end of the Pledge Drive on Sunday October 27th 2019. Incentives can also be collected from the CJNU Office, if you indicate to us ahead of time that you would like to pick them up.
- Prizes will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Those small enough for mail will be sent via Canada Post, with those that are not being made available for collection from the CJNU Office, or an alternate means of delivery may be coordinated. Winners will be contacted directly either during, or shortly after the Pledge Drive. Grand Prize winners will be announced shortly after November 15th 2019, and contacted directly.
What if I don’t want any of the incentives/prizes?
- That’s absolutely fine! If you’d like to decline the incentives you may be eligible for and/or not be entered into any of the draws, please indicate that when you make your pledge.
I’m already a member of CJNU. Does that count toward Pledge Drive?
- THANK YOU for choosing to be a member of our co-op! Unfortunately, your annual membership fee does not count toward Pledge Drive. If you wish to renew your membership, or become a member during Pledge Drive, that $25 membership fee will not count toward a pledge. For example, if you give us $125, but ask that $25 go toward a new membership or a membership renewal, your pledge will be for $100, meaning you would not be eligible for the $25 WOW gift certificate.
Do I receive a tax receipt for my pledge?
- Although CJNU is a non-profit co-operative, powered almost entirely by volunteers, unfortunately we are not recognised as a charity by Canada Revenue, meaning we are unable to issue a tax receipt for any contributions made to CJNU, or for membership in our co-op. We can assure you that every dollar donated to your radio station is used frugally and invested in the continued operation and improvement of CJNU.
How will the money be used?
- The costs of operating a radio station – even one that is predominantly powered by volunteers – are substantial. Each year we have to pay rent for our transmitter and antenna, cover the costs of moving equipment around the community, pay for broadcast, telephone and internet lines, data storage for our archives and web streaming, and so much more. A portion of the proceeds from Pledge Drive offset our operational costs each year.
- We’ve often said the only thing old about CJNU is the music! A portion of the proceeds from Pledge Drive will help us purchase new equipment. For 2019, we’re looking at replacing some ageing computers, improving the equipment at our transmitter site, purchasing a new piece of remote broadcasting technology to allow us to broadcast from more than one remote location at a time, and looking at building a new database to better serve our members and listeners.
- It never rains but it pours. If ever there’s a big problem that needs to be solved quickly, CJNU maintains a ‘Rainy Day’ fund to ensure we don’t go off the air in case of emergencies. A portion of the proceeds from Pledge Drive is always added to our Rainy Day fund
On behalf of all of us at CJNU, THANK YOU for your support!